AFFORDABLE DOT CDL MEDICAL EXAM VIRGINIA DOCTOR
We have two DOT CDL Physical Clinic Virginia, (Ronald H. Johnson, M.D.)locations. One medical office is conveniently located in Fredericksburg, Virginia at Mary Washington Hospital and the other in Richmond Virginia at Parham Doctors Hospital. Please feel free to contact either office to set up your CDL DOT medical exam.
DOT Physicals in Virginia – helpful tips to plan in advance
If you have any of the following medical conditions, please bring supporting medical documentation:
- Diabetes – bring a list of medications, the name of the prescribing physician and recent blood sugar recordings
- Heart Condition – if you have heart disease or have suffered a heart attack, you will need to bring a copy of your latest stress test
- Sleep Apnea – please bring a copy of your latest sleep test results
- High Blood Pressure – please bring a list of all medication you take for your high blood pressure, including the name of your prescribing physician
- Medications – please bring a list of all prescription medications that you currently take, this should include the mg (dosage) and the frequency that you take the medications. Please include over the counter medications including antacids or allergy medications
- Contact Information – it is a good idea to bring the names and phone numbers of your prescribing physicians at the time of your exam
Managing your high blood pressure
- Make certain that you have an adequate amount of your high blood medication on hand
- If you should forget to take your high blood pressure medication, most physicians recommend taking it as soon as possible
- Reducing the amount of salty foods (sodium) and avoiding adding salt to your food will help lower your blood pressure
- Reducing your intake of coffee, sodas, energy drinks and potato chips will also aid in lowering your blood pressure
The Day of the D.O.T. physical examination
- Please bring all pertinent medical records and a list of your medications
- Eye Glasses – please be certain to bring your eye glasses if needed
- Drink Water – you will be required to give a urine specimen so please drink as much water as possible prior to your exam
White Coat Syndrome
- We understand the apprehension that some drivers have prior to their exam. We see many drivers per day, and we understand that passing your DOT exam is very important. We have a friendly relaxed office staff that will make you feel at ease.
Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the best experience of all providers of DOT Physicals in Virginia. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Truck Right Along With Us
If you are a truck driver, cab driver, bus driver, or regularly drive more than 15 passengers it is important to keep your health in check. The DOT CDL Physical Clinic Virginia, headed by Ronald H. Johnson, M.D. would love to assist you in a fast, easy physical examination. To set up an appointment, contact us today.
FASTERTRUCK DRIVERPHYSICALS.COM FMSCA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION